Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Playing Catch-up: Mouthwatering Monday's Review

So I know today is Friday and it has been 5 days since the recipe release...but I have been a little preoccupied this week! (sick bf and baby...my poor little guys) I promised pictures and a review of the Semi-Homemade Chili recipe on Monday so here goes....

First of all I did a little improvising on the recipe...I used a little less Chili Beans and a few more Pinto beans. I also used tomato sauce instead of tomato paste. All in all it was the basic recipe and turned out pretty AMAZING :)

I had planned on putting it in the crock pot when I got home and letting it simmer a good 3 or 4 hours before the bf got home...WRONG! BF was not feeling so hot and decided to call into work so he was waiting on me when i got there. If your man is anything like mine....they don't wait around for food when they are tired, feeling icky, and hungry. So there went that idea. NEW PLAN: put it in the crock pot on High and let it simmer for about an hour...yea that will work!

I am opening all the cans and pouring in the ingredients when I feel a little attachment on my ankle...MAMA MAMA MAMA..I look down and BAAAMM it happens...I sliced my finger with the metal can lid. We aren't talking about a little paper cut that has a little trickle of blood...no this was a fountain! And it wouldn't stop...I TRIED EVERYTHING! After a drenched towel and 4 band aids later it finally let up. I guess they aren't kidding when they tell you the amount of blood your body makes nearly triples when your pregnant!

After that 30 minute disaster I got back on track (no blood in the Chili thank goodness) and finished up the pot. I turned it on high to simmer and waited. And let me tell you it was well worth the wait.

The bf LOVED it and I have to say although Chili is not my favorite meal this Chili was AWESOME! Just enough sweet and just enough spicy! :) It was a huge hit at my house and I will be at yours as well.

I know I promised pictures, but with almost slicing my finger off and the speed at which the entire pot disappeared...I didn't manage to get any :/ I will get some next time!!

Join next Monday for another great recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment